THE LAGUNA INLAND CONTAINER TERMINAL IS THE FIRST DRY PORT IN THE PHILIPPINES
LGICT is a P1-billion project by the International Container Terminal Services, Inc. (ICTSI) launched in March 2015 as a pivotal component to boost its domestic and international capability in Southern Luzon.
Located in Calamba, Laguna, the 21-hectare dry port extends the port of Manila closer to the Cavite, Laguna, Batangas, and Quezon economic zones – offering a “one-window logistics solution.”
LGICT effectively increases MICT's yard capacity with an additional 250,000 TEUs annually. Offers storage service that helps maintain lower import inventory at MICT, decreases the average import dwell time, and reduces laden yard utilization and helps boost already-high MICT productivity levels for better turnaround times and support in accelerating trade movement.
CAPABILITIES | INFRASTRUCTURE | SUPPORT FACILITIES
- Registered Off-Dock Customs Facility
- Container Yard Storage
- Live Reefer Plug ins
- Handling Services
- 21-Hectare Inland Container Terminal
- 24/7 system-based operation
- Accredited empty depot by the leading carriers in the industry
As a one-stop-shop dry port, LGICT supports the growth of the industries by serving as a regional logistics hub for exporters and importers in Southern Luzon, specifically Southern Tagalog region.
- Meets time-sensitive transport requirements for trade of fast-moving goods. LGICT offers port-to-port customer service, with LGICT personnel assisting clients (in coordination with various brokers and truckers). This ensures smoother flow of containers in and out of MICT, and to and from LGICT.
- Offers container transport service to and from MICT and LGICT. Ensuring faster turnaround of trucks, especially for consignees, LGICT has deployed accredited truck head to provide a professional and reliable trucking service alternative in the local logistics market.
- Provides interim/long term storage service. The dry port facility will transfer import laden cargoes thru the bonded transfer and or customs cleared transfer services
- Target seamless cargo transfer. Upon completion of ICTSI's planned rail linkage between MICT and LGICT, the resulting intermodal connectivity will enable the seamless transfer of containerized cargo from Metro Manila to CALABARZON's economic zones and vice versa. This will ensure constant cargo inflows and outflows with no adverse impact on road traffic conditions.